Date:      Sat, 9 Aug 1997 05:31:21 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   [nas] anyone using nas ?

I am trying to use nas with my new sound driver, but I am running into
some problems. First of all the original voxware module for vat seems
to me a little bit broken in that it does not check the amount of data
read/written to the device, and assumes the operation has successfully
completed.  Second problem, after fixing that, is that the audio (when
doing aurecord followed by auplay) seems to have very frequent hiccups,
even when working at 8KHz. This is very strange since I can do

	audio -f 1 +rec,44100,s16,stereo /dev/audio1

("audio" is my little test program, which used as above reads from
/dev/audio1 and writes to /dev/audio1, using 16 bit stereo@44.1 KHz)
with no hiccups and no overruns/underruns with my CS4236 (I am using a
P5-133).

Anyone had success with nas ?

	Cheers
	Luigi