Date:      Sat, 29 Apr 2000 22:34:59 -0400
From:      Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   ioctl problem with IDE cdrom drive...

Is anyone aware of problems with doing ioctls on IDE CDROM drives?
I'm trying to use xmcd/cda to play CD's, and it fails when trying to do
a CDIOCREADSUBCHANNEL ioctl, returning errno 25 (inappropriate ioctl for
device).  My cdrom drive works fine otherwise in all respects.
I've e-mailed the author of xmcd, and we're at a loss as to why this common
ioctl is failing.  He's using the call to detect whether a disc has been
inserted.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Mark