Date:      Fri, 03 Dec 2004 15:16:30 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        freebsd-usb@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about pipes and ugen

In message: <41B0E3E0.4030207@elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: When the device times out on endpoint 3, Linux (thorugh libusb) issues a
: ClearFeature(Halt)
: which seems to get everything going again. FreeBSD doesn't, so we  have
: to power teh device
: down and re-power it (!yuk!).

I have a device that times out.  I'll note that FreeBSD does send a
ClearFeature(Halt) to that device's endpoint in that case, as I've
verified with my usb sniffer.  However, we didn't always do that, and
some older 4.x versions of FreeBSD definitely don't do it right and
sends nothing.

I'm having a hard time understanding when this is needed and not
actually done by our -current stack.

Warner