Date:      Sun, 7 Oct 2001 21:52:21 +0100
From:      "Mark Hughes" <mark@dvdnews.co.uk>
To:        "Mike Knichel" <knichel@cairodurham.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Sorry to bother you...

> Could you answer a question for me...?
> I registered with freebsd-questions list and when I post to the list, I
> never see my post, nor do I receive any answers/help.  i noticed that you
> answered a question for someone else within 5 minutes of it being posted,
> so I know that something must be wrong with my regiistration or mailer.
>
> I am receiving the messages to the tune of 100+ per day.  What can I do
> figure out what is wrong?

I'm not sure, but doing a reverse DNS on your IP address didn't seem to
resolve to an actual domain name. If you are sending through an ISP SMTP
mail server, then harang your ISP as they should have reverse DNS set for
their mail server. If you are sending through your own server, then I'm not
entirely sure how you would fix it.

This mail did indeed not come through to the list, and only came to me.
I've cc'd it back to questions for you.

Hope this helps somewhat.

Mark