Date:      Thu, 28 Jan 1999 23:32:01 -0500
From:      "Henry C. Grabowski III" <hgrabows@usit.net>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing max stack size

I'm trying to change the maximum stack size before I run a program.
There is a self-calling method in one of my routines and it can get
quite deep.  Under windows, using one of Sun's JDK1.1 compilers (not
sure which one exactly), I have to increase the size of the Java stack
size.  Under windows I do the following to run the program
"unheatedgui":

java -oss10MB unheatedgui

Under FreeBSD the command line argument for -oss, -ss and -mx don't work
with this format.  The only way I've been able to get the program to
even execute is to do the following:

java unheatedgui -oss128MB -ss128MB -mx256MB

This was the last time I ran it.  I don't see how it is possible for it
to actually reach these values so I'm assuming it treats the three
options as command line arguments for "unheatedgui" and not for "java".
If you could shed some light on how to use these options, i would
appriciate it.

Thank you,
Hank