Date:      Sat, 17 Jan 1998 19:00:59 +0200
From:      Ruslan Shevchenko <Ruslan@Shevchenko.kiev.ua>
To:        "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@bazzle.com>
Cc:        stephen farrell <stephen@farrell.org>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: freebsd port of omnibroker UPDATE

Eric J. Chet wrote:

> ? ? ? Steve Farrell
> ? ?
> ? ? Hello
> ? ?         I have been doing a lot of java work lateley, the new port will
> ? ? include java.  I like Ruslan's patches better than mine for the chat demo,
> ? ?              ^^^^^
> ?
> ?                  what java ?  kaffe ?
>
> There is a porting effort of JDK-1.1.5 to freebsd, the problem is at this
> point you must have a source license from Sun to build the latest JDK.

problem, that I have not source license and I don't wont to have it, becausethis
would restrict me in working Java-related cleanroom projects.

Why RedHat Linux have binary JDK as RPM, but FreeBSD have not binary JDK
in ports ?    I guess, that putting binary Sun JDK in ports with reading
binary licension in pre-install is legal.

--

    @=
     //RSSH                              mailto://Ruslan@Shevchenko.Kiev.UA