Date:      Thu, 19 Mar 98 9:02:52 MET
From:      Flemming Jacobsen <fj@login.dknet.dk>
To:        aa@thinkwell.com (Allan Alford)
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sporadic Keyboard Failure with 2.2.2-RELEASE

Allan Alford wrote:
> I'm running a standard roll-your-own Penitum mid-tower
> system with a large 5-pin DIN keyboard, and periodically
> while in FreeBSD/XWindows the keyboard just suddenly
> fails to work.
>
> Mouse still works o.k. to exit X-Windows, but keyboard
> doesn't respond - don't even get numlock/capslock lights.
>
> Any ideas?

I know that this is vague, but since nobody else has responded ...

I seem to remember that when using an earlier release my keyboard would
lock-up too, and that the "cure" would be to switch to the console
(using Ctrl-Alt-F1) and then back to X again (using Alt-F4). This
would unlock the keyboard for me.

I also remember that upgradeing solved the problem. This machine is now
running 2.2.5, and I haven't had the problem since I upgraded.

I hope this helps.

	Hyg'
	Flemming

--
Flemming Jacobsen            It'll probably say something like "Does not
                             compute" or "Inoperative parameters". That's