Date:      4 Jan 2002 13:36:28 -0800
From:      Steve Milley <smilley@altavista.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   where do I find dependencies...

HiHHi
Hi, I just installed FreeBSD 4.4 Lite. It's a powerful OS. I accidently installed The KDE-Base package on CD 4, which has kdebase-1.1.2-1 on it. Number one, I can't figure out how to get startx program to recognize my kdebase2.2_2. I know it's still on my hard drive, but I can't figure out how to get it back. So, I went back to using Gnome and it complained about not find the default icons.
 I believe it is the fbsd-icons-1.0 package on CD 1, but I can't find any of the dependencies(i.e. I don't know the command to find the dependencies). I greatly appreciate any help you can give, because read all the great reviews about FreeBSD and would like to continue to use it in general.
 Also, I have been through a couple of reboots(no Ctrl-Alt-Delete), so I have been using fsck a few times to salvage the damage. Curiously, too, is there an equivalent to msinfo for FreeBSD? I don't know yet how to troubleshoot in FreeBSD. I like learning this stuff and have read the articles about FreeBSD vs Linux vs NT articles. Personally, I like learning this stuff. But, not being more familiar with the OS, IMHO,  is like learning how to re-ride a bike! Thanks for your time.

http://www.shopping.altavista.com