Date:      Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:19:19 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@dellroad.org>
To:        Thomas Gielfeldt <thomas@gielfeldt.dk>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MPD + Win2K + broadcast

Thomas Gielfeldt writes: [reformatted to 80 columns]
> I'm still tampering with VPN and I want to say thanks for the advice
> I've gotton from here and elsewhere.  Now I'm trying to connect a
> Win2k client to my internal network through mpd + netgraph. This
> works fine.  However, there's something I don't understand. The ip
> assigned to the client is on the same subnet as the LAN, but broadcast
> data is not sent through the tunnel? Proxy-Arp is enabled. I also
> would like to tunnel ipx through. can mpd do this?

No mpd does not do that. Might be a good idea for a sysctl.. e.g.

 net.inet.ip.fwd_bcast_tunnel

to enable forwarding of broadcast packets across any point-to-point
links whos local address lies on the broadcast subnet.

If what you're really trying to solve is NBNS, use a WINS server.

-Archie