Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 12:41:42 -0700
From:      Denver Maddux <denver@nitrous.net>
To:        "Viren R.Shah" <viren@cigital.com>
Cc:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude c800 w/ Xircom Realport card

I owned one of these beasts, and did get FreeBSD working on it.  I did
a network install using an old 3com 3c574 PCMCIA card.  Worked like a
champ to install over.

To run X I had to use AcceleratedX.  At the time, there was no other
support for the video chipset (actually sent the laptop to XIG for a
month and they wrote the driver, which is now available as a patch for
those already owning Xaccel).

I could not get sound working, nor did resume from suspend work.

Good luck.

-D