Date:      Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:03:41 -0700
From:      Brian Shellabarger <brian@zyx.net>
To:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Complete FreeBSD p.237

At 03:08 PM 3/20/98 , Richard Broza said:
>me found a bug or typo in the book The Complete FreeBSD on p.237
>it states:
>
>  You'll find all the files described in this chapter on the first CD-ROM
>( Installation CD-ROM ) in the directory /book..
>
>just checked the first CD.. there is NO directory called /book on the
>first CD..

I've found *several* such errors in the book -- Fortunately, I've got
enough experience with FreeBSD to recognize most of the "dumb" mistakes
that are printed, but I feel sorry for a beginner who may try to follow an
example right out of the book, only to find that they can't get it to work.

I've had to deal with second-guessing a manual before, I can't tell you how
many countless hours (and aspirin) were wasted until I finally realized
that the book I was trying so hard to learn from had subtle typo's in many
of the examples.

Anybody know who we can report such mistakes to? (I guess it doesn't do
much good at this point since the book is already in print, but I'm
assuming there will be other revisions).

Brian