Date:      Thu, 3 Aug 2000 05:24:53 -0400
From:      "Num_LOC" <numloc@home.com>
To:        <newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Working with a soundblaster Live! Value

	Ok I will start by saying that I have never compilied a BSD kernel, w/ that
said,
I have this problem. I am trying to get my SBLive! to work w/ FreeBSD I
added the line: "device	pcm0" in my config file. I thought that this is all
I had to do, so I re-compiled the kernel, and viola! the sound still did not
work. The pc booted fine, and everything else worked, but it still does not
see my sound card. Is their anything That I am missing, oh yea. I have
FreeBSD 4.0 installed, the one that just came out in march.

thanx for the help
-Num_LOC