Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:37:02 +1000 (EST)
From:      Ada T Lim <ada@not-enough.bandwidth.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to select media for PCMIA combo network card? (fwd)

Aaargh, I forgot to cc -mobile.

Ada
----- Forwarded message from ada -----

Subject: Re: How to select media for PCMIA combo network card?
To: jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)

> I am thinking that the easiest solution might be to buy a hub that has
> a BNC connector on it to tie into my existing network, and then just
> use the 10baseT interface on the card.  There's no way I'm going to
> put up with booting W95 just to set the media every time.  The LinkSys
> card plus a cheap hub is still probably less expensive than a 3c589.
Yes, but I'd buy the 3c589 simply because it's a better card.   The cost
of a hub which handles 10B2 + a 10BT 3c589 (which I've seen for $110 in
the US) is probably not much more than a cheap card, anyhow.

Mike, is there a place in australia to get the accton cards cheap?

Ada

----- End of forwarded message from ada -----