Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 1995 11:36:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        wollman@freefall.cdrom.com (Garrett A. Wollman)
Cc:        CVS-commiters@freefall.cdrom.com, cvs-lib@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/lib/csu/i386 Makefile

> wollman     95/06/30 08:30:37
>
>   Modified:    lib/csu/i386  Makefile
>   Log:
>   Numerous Makefile fixes:
>
>   1) Do dependencies.
Thanks!
>   2) Install all appropriate links to manual pages.
Thanks!
>   3) Install header file in `beforeinstall' like all the rest.
Thanks!
>   4) Install header file only if changed.
Thanks!
>   5) Install object files only if changed.

No thanks, no place else in the tree do we check for object file change
an do the install based on that.  Please, drop this one piece out as
it makes a ``special case'' of it :-(.  If this is a desired function
it should be handled in the .mk files, not in the Makefile files.