Date:      Sun, 7 Sep 1997 08:02:15 -0400
From:      lvirden@cas.org
To:        www@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        lvirden@cas.org
Subject:   Help sought on using freebsd.org search facility

I am wanting to know if you have any tips on the best way to approach
solving a need.

The ultimate goal is for me to be able to determine what applications
and libraries currently distributed for FreeBSD use Tcl or Tk in some
fashion, as well as somehow monitoring updates and new entries.  From
this info I hope to include FreeBSD porting info in the comp.lang.tcl
software catalog.

I had thought to build some sort of url into your search page and
do the search in that fashion, then set up a script that runs a
similar search on an ongoing basis.  Before I began that effort though,
I thought I would ask if there perhaps is a mailing list or software
facility that is in place in the community that could serve as a source
of info for this type of monitoring.

I am not asking anyone there to do anything special for me - but before
I write something offsite I thought I would see if there was already
some useful facility for monitoring.

Thanks.
--
Larry W. Virden                 INET: lvirden@cas.org