Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 19:51:43 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        "John Levine" <johnl@iecc.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Building libreoffice on 8.3 x86-64, not

John Levine writes:

>  I have an 8.3 x86-64 system, fully patched, all ports but one up to date.
>
>  When I try to build libreoffice, it fails in various sub-builds.
>  Most of the sub-builds work when I retry them, except for
>  tail_build which fails repeatedly.

	There are known issues with libreoffice-3.5.2; the most common
have to do with problems choosing the correct library (usually
involving boost (port vs. libreoffice native)).
	There is a work-around, described in a revent thread in
office@.
	There is also reason for hope this will be fixed in 3.5.4.

				Robert Huff