Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 1997 20:16:51 -0400
From:      John Robert LoVerso <loverso@opengroup.org>
To:        j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/3419

Bostic has changed DB2.0:

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 16:17:47 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sleepycat Software <db@bostic.com>
To: loverso@opengroup.org
Subject: Re: db 2.0.4 on FreeBSD 2.2.1

> Now, I'm unfamiliar with these particularities of GCC2, but it would
> appear that gcc 2.7.2.1 on my system isn't recognizing the __attributte__.
> For now I've hacked it by substituting _unused and entering bug reports
> to you and the FreeBSD project.

I've changed all of the "__unused" items to "unused" in my tree.
DB is kind of in a weird position -- it's really a library, so
it has to avoid the application name space, and it's distributed
as an application, so it has to avoid the system name space.
Anyway, I didn't need the leading underscores, so they're gone now.

- --keith

------- End of Forwarded Message

John