Date:      04 Aug 1998 11:13:33 +0200
From:      Martin Recktenwald <mreckt@wurzelausix.CS.Uni-SB.DE>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Progress report and questions: Amiga ISDN boards

Ignatios Souvatzis <is@jocelyn.rhein.de> writes:

> > > b) the IOM-2 part is guessed; can it be deduced from the chip versions?
> > >
> > No :-( You have to take a look at the cabling.
> > The ISAC-TE can only use IOM-2, your ISAC could also be used in IOM-1
> > mode. You can find out what mode is used if you look at the clocks:
> > IOM-1 uses 512 kHz, IOM-2 something around 1.7 MHz IIRC.
>
> Uhm, I think I spottet a 7.8something, which is 4 times 1.7something...

In fact, what I wrote about ISAC-TE was complete rubbish. The
differences between a 2086 and a 2186 donīt matter.

It is however a difference whether you have a 82525 or 21525 HSCX, the
first one being the HSCX-TE IIRC. If you have a HSCX-TE, IOM-2 is
used. If you have a "full" HSCX, IOM-1 could also be used.

Forget what I wrote about timing, too ...

If you can measure the clock frequency:
* DCL (pin 12 at ISAC if P-LCC-44) is a 512 kHz output in IOM-1 mode
* DCL is a 1536 kHz output in IOM-2 mode

The clock chip you found on the board is always the same.

(Sorry, I mixed things up a little bit, on my hand-made board
everything is a little bit different.)

     Martin.