Date:      Sun, 16 Sep 2001 01:25:11 +0300
From:      Giorgos Keramidas <charon@labs.gr>
To:        Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: /etc/defaults/make.conf questions

Nathan Mace <nmace85@yahoo.com> wrote:

> also there is a line about compiling sendmail or not. my machine DOES NOT
> need to be running any mail server software, is it safe not to compile it?
> or does some other stuff depend on it??

No, it's not dangerous in any sense to use make.conf to disable those parts of
the base system that you will not be using.  In fact it's a ``great idea''.

> also is it like the rc.local files?
> can i make a "/etc/make.conf" that overrides the one in defaults?  thanks

Questions like this one will be (hopefully) answered in more detail,
if you skim through the manpage:

	% make make.conf

BTW, questions like these are better sent to -questions.

-giorgos