Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2013 15:01:39 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>, Ian Lepore <ian@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Wandboard support

On Nov 1, 2013, at 1:34 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:

> On 1 November 2013 10:29, Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com> wrote:
>>=20
>> On Oct 31, 2013, at 10:58 PM, Adrian Chadd wrote:
>>=20
>>> Hi!
>>>=20
>>>=20
>>> Cool!
>>>=20
>>> Can you describe what you need in the clock / power management =
areas?
>>=20
>> We don't have an infrastructure to do this right now.
>>=20
>> Some ports do this on an ad-hoc basis.
>>=20
>> The usual needs are to have a DAG relationship between different =
parts of the system so you can turn on and tune clocks, as well as power =
blocks which may be necessary to power the clock and/or basic-blocks in =
the SoC. The latest chips have grown quite complex.
>=20
> Well we can plan this stuff out at the next get-together. But first,
> I'd like to finish tidying up the MIPS infrastructure stuff before we
> tackle the ARM infrastructure stuff. :)

Yea, I'm still focused on MIPS... The problem statement was from what I =
know about the ARM clock/power code for each of the SoCs... It shouldn't =
be viewed as a 'I got this problem and am working on code' at all :)

Warner=