Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2018 19:23:06 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Paul Pathiakis <pathiaki2@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, David Johnson <djtherenovator@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Help with an Urgent Matter

 1.2.=EF=BF=BDWelcome to FreeBSD!

|=20
1.2.=EF=BF=BDWelcome to FreeBSD!

David,=20

As you can see, Apple borrows a lot from FreeBSD.=C2=A0 The co-joined opera=
ting system is called DarwinOS which is the foundation for the Apple Mac OS=
X operating system.
Not having dealt with a Mac for years, I'm guessing about your issue.=C2=A0=
 If your command returns a prompt after it runs and spits out that message,=
 the shutdown command may have been altered.
At the prompt, try a simple 'halt' command.=C2=A0 That should shut the mach=
ine down.
P.

    On Wednesday, July 11, 2018, 3:09:31 PM EDT, David Johnson <djtherenova=
tor@gmail.com> wrote: =20
=20
 I have found a FreeBSD OS embedded in my Mac which is fully implemented.
I followed the instructions and did the following from your website
documentation:

in terminal;=C2=A0 shutdown -k +1 "message"

I get the following:

System shutdown time has arrived

but you'll have to do it yourself

 I am not sure what to do at this prompt....what does 'do it yourself
mean', and what do I type to complete the process??

Also in addition to the above question....

does the fact that those commands do actually work mean that I am correct
in

believing that there is a FreeBSD OS embedded in my system?

Thank You,

Free BSD

Lamb Agency
"