Date:      Wed, 20 Mar 2002 20:13:19 -0500
From:      Sam <sam@wa4phy.net>
To:        John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Java Newbie assistance

--------------7C1D94EB2E41EDE6D373E670

Ummm.. I guess I was a little vague in my statement...  I'm not a
FreeBSD newbie, a java newbie!  I've got supposedly everything required
to build the linux-jdk13 per the native jdk13 depends, but an attempt to
build the *linux-jdk* port fails due to a missing patch.  What patch??
This is the ports tree from about a week ago, for 4.5-stable.  Had not
tried prior to my last cvsup, so don't or can't say if it worked
before.    From a make clean, then fresh start, the attached output from
make.  As you can see, it's attempting a patch, which there is none
(none that I can find).  Have some things changed in the ports file in
the last week or so?  Hve not looked at the ports mailing list yet tho..

Sam

--
Just because you're moving fast         |       BURMA SHAVE
doesn't mean that you're really         |

--------------7C1D94EB2E41EDE6D373E670

Script started on Wed Mar 20 20:07:00 2002
# make

===>  Extracting for linux-jdk-1.3.1.02_1
>> Checksum OK for j2sdk-1_3_1_02-linux-i386.bin.
===>   linux-jdk-1.3.1.02_1 depends on file: /compat/linux/lib/libc.so.6 - found
[?1h=Sun Microsystems, Inc.  Binary Code License Agreement

READ THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ANY PROVIDED
SUPPLEMENTAL LICENSE TERMS (COLLECTIVELY "AGREEMENT")
CAREFULLY BEFORE OPENING THE SOFTWARE MEDIA PACKAGE.  BY
<snip>

Unpacking...
Checksumming...
0
0
Extracting...
./install.sfx.53414: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version `GLIBC_2.2' not found (required by /lib/libc.so.6)
Done.
===>  Patching for linux-jdk-1.3.1.02_1
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for linux-jdk-1.3.1.02_1
patch: **** can't cd to /usr/ports/java/linux-jdk13/work/jdk1.3.1_02: No such file or directory
>> Patch patch-aa failed to apply cleanly.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/java/linux-jdk13.