Date:      Sun, 11 Jun 2000 18:00:54 -0700
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjc@earthlink.net>
To:        Daniel Schrock <dschrock@enteract.com>
Cc:        cjclark@alum.mit.edu, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: NFS problems

On Sun, Jun 11, 2000 at 07:54:24PM -0500, Daniel Schrock wrote:
> Crist, you rock!!
>
> The -alldirs flag was the problem...once I removed it, all was good!
> I was under the impression that you couldn't descend father into the
> directories with out it.
> After testing, I found that not to be true.  Yea!

The -alldirs allows any arbitrary directory above that being exported
to be used as the mount point.

For example, if you export on 'server,'

  /usr -alldirs otherhost

Then on otherhost, the following should work,

  mount server:/usr/local /usr/local_server

Provided the directories exist on the respective machines.

> All is well.
> Thanks a million!

Not sure why that would have fixed your problem, but glad it did.