Date:      Sat, 17 Feb 2001 22:52:00 +0100
From:      Wilko Bulte <wkb@freebie.demon.nl>
To:        simond@irrelevant.org
Cc:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Compaq Armada E700 and PCMCIA/Cardbus slots?

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 03:46:18PM +0000, simond@irrelevant.org wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 04:46:35PM +0100, Wilko Bulte wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I'd like to get the PCMCIA/Cardbus slots of my (well, my employer's)
> > Compaq Armada E700 working with FreeBSD. So much little luck (on -stable).
> > Inserting a card locks up te machine solid.
> >
> > Any E700 owner/user out there that has this working?
>
> I don't own a E700, but my Vaio F807k did that too, I needed to allocate an
> irq for pcic0 in my kernel config file and now it's all working perfectly.
>
> Hope this helps you

You're a hero! ;-)

Specifying irq11 for the pcic fixed the hangs. Suddenly things work
(PCMCIA Psion modem, DEPCM DEC ethernet, Adaptec 1460B SCSI) like expected.

The only restriction is that the cards must be in the slots before booting
in order to be detected. Removal also goes unnoticed. Well, I can live with
this, no problem.

thanks again

Wilko