Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 02:16:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Warner's PCI Modem Driver

Today Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> Dan Zerkle <zerkle@home.com> probably said:
> > That said, the modem I got from them was just fine.  I did have to
> > revert to Windows to flash its ROM's, though.
>
> I am a _big_ fan of external USR couriers, their top of the line modem.

What he said.

> They are _not_ cheap, but for me they are worth it because of the
> saved hassle because they pretty much just work and being flash
> upgradable essentially forever (14.4k couriers can be upgraded to
> V.90).

And don't need dos to flash.  The newer ones, and flashed older
ones, can be done with an xmodem upload.

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null