Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 1997 19:11:35 -0500 (EST)
From:      Bradley Dunn <bradley@dunn.org>
To:        Peter Carah <pete@news.interworld.net>
Cc:        isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terminal Servers? (which one)

On Sun, 9 Feb 1997, Peter Carah wrote:

> 3.3.2 would reboot immediately if anyone attempted a PAP login on it.
> They fixed it very quickly as 3.3.2c1 but THAT leaked memory like a sieve.
> 3.3.3 is fairly stable but still leaks memory some.  I haven't tried later
> than that.  Note that several months production got shipped with 3.3.2 in
> it; you had to upgrade immediately...

3.5 fixes the memory leaks and has a usable IGP to boot.

> Ours aren't quite that good.  The primary cause of our reboots is the console
> (pm_open or pm_term) application gets wedged and cancelled at the unix
> (or windoze) end, and you cant start another till the box gets rebooted.
> It would be nice to be able to kill the connection at the pm2 end without
> a reboot.

You can up the number of PMCrashsole connections allowed with:
set maximum pmconsole <Number>
where <Number> is the max concurrent sessions to allow (up to 10).

You can also reset connections by telneting to the PM, doing a 'show
netconns', finding the crashed connection, and resetting it with 'reset
nXXX', where XXX is the number from the leftmost column of the 'show
netconns'.

pbd