Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 19:41:29 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Talton <jta001@coes.LaTech.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   X11AMP errors

Ok .. I wrote a mail to the x11amp people and never got anything back. So
I gess I will try here.

When I run x11amp and try to play mp3's it gives me some OSS error. the
docs says that it will runn with standart freebsd drivers and my sound does
work.. I have /dev/audio and all useing the snd0 driver ... other mp3 players
work just fine...

here is the error I get:

       Incompatible OSS Driversoss sysinfo=537358976: 0
       Warning: Unable to set fragment size!!
       Unable to get fragment size

It seems like it is trying to use OSS.. (I dont have it and am not going
to buy it)  I spesifyed x11amp -device /dev/audio at the prompt and it
then sais:

    Unable to reset audio device
    Unable to open the audio device

but if I close it and runn some other mp3 player it works fine ...

HELP

ynop@acm.org