Date:      Wed, 18 Mar 1998 16:46:23 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Teterin <mi@video-collage.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   StarOffice

Mike Smith once stated:

=> Another problem child is StarOffice-4.0 for Linux. It runs, but eats
=> up all the shared memory. It does not release it when exits either --
=> requires an explicit ``ipcrm'' . Fortunately, the output of ``ipcs''
=> is easy to parse :)
=
=SO4 runs fine under -current on some systems, but not others. It seems
=to be extremely sensitive to trivial things.

Well, runs for me. And I have the script to clean up after it
already.

I just thought it may be usefull for the developers to know about
the shared memory anomalies as related to Linux emulation/whatever
else.

=If you are just looking for a wordprocessor, I strongly recommend
=Wordperfect 7.  (start at www.turbolinux.com)

AFAIK, Wordperfect is not free. StarOffice for Linux is free for
personal use...

	-mi