Date:      Fri, 30 Mar 2001 14:15:52 +0200
From:      "Oliver Blasnik" <oliver.blasnik@nextra.de>
To:        "Gregory Sutter" <gsutter@zer0.org>, "Brian" <wrath@shianet.org>
Cc:        <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: rackmount

Hi there,

one of my default-Visits at CeBIT was at the Gigabyte booth. They did a
nice 1U and 2U a time ago, but with some missing features I submitted
(and they really implemented them...).

So, it was a nice talk and they have following new products coming up,
possibly also sth for you:

Boards:

  a)- ServerWorks Chipset, 2 Serials, one as serial Console, 1 Parallel.
      Onboard VGA, 2 Intel 100MBit-NICs, 2x UW160-SCSI (SMC afair)
      Dual P2/P3, SDRAM

  b)- XXXXX[1] Board, 2 Serials (one as Console, too), 1 Parallel,
      Onboard VGA, 2 Intel 100MBit-NICs, 1 or 2 UW320 Adaptecs, PlugOn
      for the Raid AccelCard, IPMI Enabled System
      Dual P(something)[1], possibly DDR-RAM[1]

Enclosures:

  a)- 1U, Single Power Supply, 3 HotSwap SCA-Drivebays, one Front-
      Accessible Serial Port, Activity- and Failure-LEDs for each
      Drive, one PCI-X available, and so on...

  b)- 2U, Dual Power Supply, 6 HotSwap SCA-Drivebays (2 Ch), etc
      (like above). Afair 3 PCI Slots avail.

  c)- Something really exciting 4U, huge...

SR102: 1U, ServerWorks (out now, I think)
SR103: 1U, XXXXXX[1] Board (out later, sample ships 05/01)
SR202,203 like above, 2U

Dont know anything about the Prices, but the old model (SR101 with
two HotSwap IDE Drives and SW-ATA100-Raid-Controller) was worth it *g*

HTH, Oliver

[1] = Sorry, I'm not allowed to say more ;/
--
-- http://www.nextra.de - INTERNET@WORK ----- oliver.blasnik@nextra.de --
 Nextra Deutschland     | Oliver Blasnik      Senior System Administrator