Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 14:16:40 -0700
From:      Jordan Hubbard <jkh@freebsd.org>
To:        dl@leo.org
Cc:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, hubs@freebsd.org, stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.4 upcoming release/timetabling/mirroring

From: Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2001 22:49:45 +0200

> For the 5 CD-Set a final comment:
>
> The WC/Wind River CD-Set was never carried by the mirrors,
> as far as I'm recall, just the first CD of the set was,
> and I don't think this will change with 4.4-RELEASE.

It will change with 4.4-RELEASE, as previously decided at USENIX this
year.  Since I'm no longer affiliated with WC/Wind River and there are
now multiple prospective players in the CD distribution game, it's up
to the project (e.g. the re's) to release the appropriate bits and let
the external publishers take them and do what they wish with them.

It's not like we're releasing the full 6 CD toolkit ISOs too - that
would certainly be overkill.  Just FreeBSD + all the most important
packages to go with it in ISO format.

- Jordan