Date:      Fri, 10 Dec 1999 22:00:46 +0100
From:      "D. Rock" <rock@dead-end.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ed fix committed

Warner Losh wrote:

> OK.  I've committed a fix for the ed driver.  The basic problem was
> that it didn't properly release the interrupt, so the interrupt was
> still getting called, which lead to all kinds of problems.
>
> I've also improved how old pccard does the interrupt allocation.  It
> now does its work when the interrupt is setup rather than when the irq
> is activated.  Likewise with deactivate and teardown_intr.
>
> This seems to work now, and does't seem to break ep.
>
> I've not tried sio, but suspect it will be no more broken than it
> currently seems to be.
>
> One extra '&' took two and a half hours to find.  This is why I don't
> want to keep maintaing the old code as I was unable to put those hours
> into new card....
Looks really good. I tested it (insert/remove into different slots) and
found only a minor glitch with suspend/resume:
Suspension always seems to produces a "stray irq XX" and if I switch
slots for a card after suspensions, it won't be detected after resume
(sio OTOH was detected). Instead pccardd reports:

pccardd[40]: No free configuration for card D-Link

This is really no big deal. I can work with that.

Daniel