Date:      Sat, 27 Sep 1997 23:25:29 +0800 (WST)
From:      Terry Dwyer 61 8 9491 5161 <tdwyer@io.telstra.com.au>
To:        Carey Nairn <cpn@ccd.tas.gov.au>
Cc:        questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: iijppp and chat scripts

On Sat, 27 Sep 1997, Carey Nairn wrote:

I don't think you have to wait for the last char in the prompt string to
arrive before you can do a match.  It may be worthwhile to try matching
on the string "name" in the termserver's prompt assuming what you've
shown below is the actual prompt you see.

> hi guys,
>
> I'm looking for a chat guru...
>
> When I dial in to my provider, I will get a different prompt depending on
> which terminal server I connect to.  Is there a way in the login script to
> test for on of multiple different prompts?
>
> e.g.
>
> login to ts1, prompt is ts1name>
> login to ts2, prompt is ts2name#
>
> thanks,
> Carey Nairn

   _-_|\    Terry Dwyer 	      E-Mail    Work: tdwyer@io.telecom.com.au
  /     \   System Administrator             Private: tdwyer@omen.com.au
  *_.^\_/   Telstra Corporation   Phone: +61 8 9491 5161  Fax: +61 8 9221 2631
       v    Perth  Western Australia   (I do not speak for Telstra or Telecom)