Date:      Sat, 25 Nov 2017 10:28:14 -0600
From:      Mark Linimon <linimon@lonesome.com>
To:        "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@berklix.com>
Cc:        Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>, "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-arch@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: The future of fortune(6)

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 12:54:33PM +0100, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
> Contentious commits forced through before discussion, should by
> policy be automatically reverted, committers bit suspended

That is not FreeBSD's policy.

AFAIK that has never been FreeBSD's policy.

If it ever does become FreeBSD's policy, I will be (one of many,
I assume) out the door.

Look: AFAICT the only project that is ever going to suit you is one
you run yourself.  Then you can make all the rules.  There are other
BSDs that run on that model.

I remain here, despite frustrations, *because* FreeBSD doesn't run
on that model.

Does it run well?  No: there are human beings involved, so QED.

But it runs better than what it would run by your demands.

tl:dr; if you want to work with people (on this project or any other),
work with them, don't attack.  It's self-defeating.

mcl