Date:      Sun, 8 Feb 2004 20:42:20 +0100
From:      =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8ren?= Debois <debois@diku.dk>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Finding ports

On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 10:27:59AM -0600, Tweax Daemon wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 02:15:48PM +0100, Søren Debois wrote:
> >         /usr/local/bin/fetchmail
> >
> > I'd like to find all currently not-installed ports, which *would*
> > install the above file?
> >
> The makefile in /mail/fetchmail port would have all dependencies listed
> if I'm understanding you correctly.

Not quite. Motivating example: I am used to the existence of a utility
/usr/local/bin/wn. Doing 'make search name=wn' does not turn up anything
useful. How do I find out which port (if any) will provide the file
/usr/local/bin/wn? Generally, for any file, how do I find out which
ports provide it?

--
	--- Debois