Date:      Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:59:45 -0000
From:      "Cameron Grant" <gandalf@vilnya.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Amancio Hasty" <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        "Conrad Sabatier" <conrads@home.com>, <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>, <multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Suggestions for improving newpcm performance?

> > the situation with voxware is that it will remain in 4.x, but unless a
> > maintainer comes forward who will convert it to newbus, in -current it
will
> > soon be toast.
> I can't promise anything specially since I have a new job;nevertheless,
before
> you decide to toast the voxware from current send me mail . If -core
decides
> to toast voxware I will probably pick up the maintainence of voxware from
> right here were maintainence of voxware used to be. The latter is not a
bad
> idea since it will avoid conflicts between -core and I.

you should be aware that the voxware code will need extensive renovation and
conversion to newbus.  already it will not cope with pnp devices, and the
compatibility shims it relies on will shortly be gone.

in my opinion it would be far better to divert any effort you would be
willing to put in towards newpcm.

    -cg