Date:      Tue, 12 Jan 2016 10:09:09 -0800
From:      Sergei G <sergeig.public@gmail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Gnome 3 Shell's "View Type" toolbar button freezes shell

I have installed Gnome3-lite package instead of a full Gnome installation.

When I open a shell window it works ok.  Toolbar's buttons for Search and
menu work.  But if I press a button that's usually responsible for sort
order it works, but then freezes the window:

* click on the button
* menu list with options to sort by Name, Size, etc shows up
* click on menu item
* popup does not go away and window is no longer responsive.  The only way
to close it is to use xkill.

When I initially installed Gnome3-lite, I found that it did not create
.config/ directory and I had to create some file to get things working.  I
wounder if a problem like that might be the cause.

Thank you