Date:      Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:55:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Eric van Gyzen <vangyzen@stat.duke.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   bin/42213: moused(8) seems to delay some mouse events from a USB mouse

>Number:         42213
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       moused(8) seems to delay some mouse events from a USB mouse
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE (Tue Aug 6 10:23:02 EDT 2002)
XFree86 4.2.0
Logitech USB Optical Mouse

When usbd is configured /not/ to start moused, and X is configured to
use /dev/ums0 directly, everything works fine.
However, when usbd starts moused and X is configured to use moused,
there is a problem.  Apparently, some mouse events are not passed until
the next event happens.  As the most obvious example, some clicks are not
passed until the mouse is moved.  I can click the mouse and wait ten seconds
or more, and the click doesn't actually happen until I move the mouse
(even just one pixel).

>How-To-Repeat:
See above.

>Fix:
Yes, please.  ;]  Please suggest debugging/troubleshooting ideas.