Date:      Tue, 29 Aug 2000 11:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@pike.osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Makoto MATSUSHITA <matusita@jp.FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.org, jkh@FreeBSD.org, obrien@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Three versions of ERRATA.TXT for 4.1-RELEASE

Makoto MATSUSHITA wrote:

> There is a revision 1.2.2.1 of src/release/ERRATA.TXT. It says that
> there is a bug in boot0. It is commited at Aug/18/2000 (10+ days before).
>
> However, we have already have ERRATA.TXT which is available at
> <URL:ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/4.1-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT>.
> It says that fetch(1) will fail in some cases.
>
> Moreover, we have also have yet another ERRATA.TXT which is available at
> <URL:ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/alpha/4.1-RELEASE/ERRATA.TXT>.
> It says nothing about 4.1-RELEASE update information.
>
> Hmm, much confusing. What's the truth? fetch(1) is broken only in
> i386 architecuture? How about boot0? Are there any errata of ERRATA.TXT?

Uh, this is odd. :)  AFAIK, the version in CVS is the official version.
It probably needs to have the fetch(1) errata merged into that in both
versions (alpha and i386), (as well as the webpage version, also in CVS).
Then, the ftp site needs to be updated so that it has the lateest ERRATA.TXT
from the CVS tree.  boot0 is only i386, so it doesn't need mentioning in
the alpha errata.  Whoever manually edited the ERRATA.TXT on the FTP site
needs to be thwapped a couple of times. :)

--

John Baldwin <jhb@bsdi.com> -- http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/