Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 20:37:24 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        "Hallam Oaks P/L list account" <mlnn4@oaks.com.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HSCX query

>At the moment, I just want to get the 'D' channel signalling working [as a
>first step], but firstly I need to know how much of the HSCX code has to be
>implemented to allow this. Since the ISAC doesn't at all resemble a 82525 et
>al, I'm probably going to have to emulate it at the register level, and that
>(may?) be a lot of work.
>
>I think I may only have to do the HSCX interrupt control and version stuff
>for 'D' but I may be very wrong. Can anyone tell me ?

You need HDLC before anything else, the D channel runs on HDLC and LAPB.

You should probably not bother with emulating the HSCX at all, rather
try to provide the functions at the right level of the stack in isdn4bsd.

You should be able to find some LAPB code if you look in the 'sys/netccitt'
directory of a 2.2.X release (probably have to go back to 2.2.2 or so)
or you can resurrect it from the dead using a CVS tree.

"ttyv0" -- What UNIX calls a $20K state-of-the-art, 3D, hi-res color terminal