Date:      Mon, 10 May 1999 17:02:07 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Mats Lofkvist <mal@algonet.se>
To:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: NFS question..

  <snip>
  Well, I understand the issues (or at least I think so). But I am
  interested in fast, working NFS implementation (which I know could exist
  because Linux does it) and not in explanations (system administration is
  not my primary job). I can trade some bit of stability for performance in
  case of safe/unsafe NFS write modes.

Linux NFS isn't perfect either; two Sun's (Solaris 2.5.1 and 2.6
respectively) mounting filesystems from a Linux NFS server at work
have continous problems with files randomly being unreadable.
Upgrading the Linux server from RedHat something based on 2.0.36
to Debian something based on 2.2.6 didn't seem to make any difference.

      _
Mats Lofkvist
mal@algonet.se