Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2017 09:25:49 +0100
From:      "Kevin Golding" <kpg@caomhin.org>
To:        "Mark Linimon" <linimon@lonesome.com>, "Roland Smith" <rsmith@xs4all.nl>
Cc:        python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FYI: [linimon@lonesome.com: ports expiring soon due to Google Code site removal]

On Sun, 26 Mar 2017 22:58:18 +0100, Roland Smith <rsmith@xs4all.nl> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 10:20:45AM -0500, Mark Linimon wrote:

>> www/py-django-app-plugins               ports@caomhin.org
>
> Github: https://github.com/thoreg/django-app-plugins
> (Not sure if this is a fork or the original developer)

It's a fork, and one that hasn't been touched in close to 4 years. The
original developer also has a github repo which didn't import the project
so it's unlikely to see any "official" updates and that version could
become the continuation by default.

Tbh as the maintainer I've been happy to let that one expire since I also
maintain www/py-django-caching-app-plugins which was another fork that
arose and is maintained, and to my knowlege has become the fork of choice
for the majority of people. If there's a desire to keep the original alive
I'm happy to file a PR and update (and/or pass over maintainership, I only
kept it so that the port wouldn't be orphaned) but I've stayed quiet on
the subject because I thought expiry made sense.

Kevin