Date:      Sat, 28 Feb 1998 08:51:06 +0100 (MET)
From:      Martin Jangowski <bsd@birdland.rhein-neckar.de>
To:        Jay Tribick <lists@fastnet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qpopper (The Sequel)

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Jay Tribick wrote:

> What I need to know is if I can get qpopper to log the IP address
> of the host that's connecting, the manual pages don't help and
> trace & debug don't yield enough information.

I had the same problem, and I patched popper to log the IP adress, too.
Sorry, I can't give you a diff, the version I have here is pretty old..
You habe to modify the file pop_init.c around line 277, it's a call to
pop_log(). Originally, popper writes something like "Can't get canonical
name of client" without giving the IP, I added a "%s" and "p->ipaddress"
to print the IP adress of the connected client.

Hope this helps, YMMV as usual.

Martin

| Martin Jangowski              E-Mail: maja@birdland.rhein-neckar.de |
| Voice: +49 621/53 95 06                       Fax: +49 621/53 95 07 |
| Snail Mail: Koenigsbacher Str. 16      D-67067 Ludwigshafen Germany |
| RNInet e.V.                                   Rhein-Neckar Internet |