Date:      Wed, 08 Apr 2009 14:30:34 +0200
From:      Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ZFSKnownProblems - needs revision?

--------------enig76E04DDCC6821D9D35F6C771

Hi,

I've been pinged by two people already that it's possible that the
problems listed at:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSKnownProblems

have been fixed in 7-STABLE, and that the page needs to be significantly
revised to sound less scary. Since I unfortunately don't have any ZFS
systems in production any more, I'd like to ask for experiences with ZFS
from other people. Specifically:

* Are the issues on the list still there?
* Are there any new issues?
* Is somebody running ZFS in production (non-trivial loads) with
success? What architecture / RAM / load / applications used?
* How is your memory load? (does it leave enough memory for other service=
s)

Please also note are you using the "new" ZFS port (in 8-CURRENT) or the
"old" one (in 7-STABLE).

If the progress has been great as has been suggested, then the page's
text could be replaced with a note saying so and maybe even the file
system promoted from "experimental"?

Suggestion to the following page:

http://wiki.freebsd.org/ZFSTuningGuide

are also interesting.