Date:      Wed, 24 May 1995 07:59:24 +0500 (GMT+0500)
From:      "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
To:        noses@oink.rhein.de (Noses)
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Fix for 3C5x9

> > Please who applied the patch I recently put into -hackers
> > write an e-mail about its results (everything works OK,
> > everything crashed, etc.) to me and Rod Grimes
> > <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>. Thank you.
>
> Wonderful for a 3c509, not so good for a 3c509B as the B won't work anymore
> after rebooting - it will be found by the probe and nothing seems wrong, but
> it's deaf and mute. No packets are leaving and the ones on the wire aren't
> recognized.

I also found this problem with 3c509B. It doesn't get recognized after
warm reboot when "Plug-n-Play" mode is off (with or without this patch).
When PnP is on it gets recognized like 3c509 after any reboot.

		Serge Babkin

! (babkin@hq.icb.chel.su)
! Headquarter of Joint Stock Commercial Bank "Chelindbank"
! Chelyabinsk, Russia