Date:      Tue, 3 Jan 1995 22:33:54 -0800
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        jeff@tenforwd.wiz.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: makeing in .../ports/

 * I downloaded everything OK. I typed make in ports/audio/nas.

 * imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
 * "Makefile", line 186: Missing dependency operator

I'm not sure what your problem is, but at least it works here, on a
stock 2.0R system with XFree86-3.1.

===>  Extracting for nas-1.2p1
===>  Applying patches for nas-1.2p1
===>  Configuring for nas-1.2p1
Removing disgusting malloc.h includes.  Please wait.. Done.
Ensuring Install uses the -c flag.  Please wait.. Done.
imake -DUseInstalled -I/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config
making Makefiles in include...
making Makefiles in include/audio...

I just pulled off audio/nas from ftp.freebsd.org, so that shouldn't be
a problem.

 * Line 186 of the Makefile is:
 * UnsharedLibReferences(XONLY,X11,$(XLIBSRC))
 *
 * What's the deal here?  I poked around in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config,
 * but couldn't come to a logical conclusion.

One thing I can tell you is that no way in hell should something like
that remain in the Makefile, it is in Imakefile syntax.  It's defined
in Imake.rules.  Can you find it in your config directory?  Maybe you
can send us a few lines around that one so we can figure out where it
came from (I don't see UnsharedLibReferences in nas's Imakefile
either).

Satoshi