Date:      Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:19:36 -0400
From:      Nathan Vidican <webmaster@wmptl.com>
To:        "thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se" <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: webmail sollution

Thomas Uhrfelt wrote:

> I have a slight problem which I need your help solving. I have read the
> last months webmail discussions on the lists, but none of them seems to
> adress my problem exactly. Before I start I just want to state that I use
> purely FreeBSD boxens for our external server purposes, that's why I am
> posting this question to a FreeBSD specific list.
>
> My idea is to have a FreeBSD system running Apache + some sort of Webmail
> accessories - which in turn checks mail via the normal POP3 server
> (cucipop), and leaves messages still on the main server. You should have
> the option to send/reply/download attachments and so forth. But the
> important thing - the original mailfiles must be left intact. Is there such
> a package availible? This system should be used for somewhat mobile users
> which sometimes work from inside the office network and once in a while
> goes out travelling.
>
> Vänliga hälsningar / Best regards,
>
> Thomas Uhrfelt
>
> IT Manager
>
> PlymoVent AB
> Föreningsgatan 37
> 211 52  Malmö
> SWEDEN
>
> Telephone: +4640303130
> Telefax: +4640313140

Try AtDot, we use it for the same thing. Runs from apache (cgi-bin
stuff), written in Perl. It's free, and it interfaces over pop3/smtp. It
allows for attachments, and a LOT of customization, (especially if your
good with PERL).
	See: http://www.atdot.org/, (feel free to take a look at my setup
->http://home.wmptl.com to if you want.)

--