Date:      Sun, 3 Nov 2002 20:19:43 -0800
From:      erk! <tapeworm@insekta.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Window/File Manager

On 03 Nov 2002 21:55:37 -0600
Ryan Sommers <ryans@gamersimpact.com> wrote:

> What are your favorite ultra-light WM's and/or FMs? I'm just looking
> for something that does the job, looking nice would be an added
> benefit but I doubt I'll have a high color depth to play with anyway.

without a doubt, blackbox.  i like fluxbox, and on my desktop system, i
use waimea..but blackbox is more minimal than either, and has *zero*
dependencies.  even though it's minimal, it can also be configured to be
really nice looking, which counts for a lot (to me, anyway).

if you want *really* minimal, and don't care much about appearances,
i've heard that ratpoison is more than adequate :>
i've never used it myself, but if you just want a really plain x
session, and the ability to view multiple terminals simultaneously, it
should be fine.

- erk