Date:      Wed, 18 Aug 2004 09:22:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jeffrey Katcher <jmkatcher@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Lots of collisions on em0

My network performance is a little spotty under -current lately so I looked at
netstat -i:

netstat -i
Name    Mtu Network       Address              Ipkts Ierrs    Opkts Oerrs  Coll
em0       0 <Link#1>      00:0d:60:2d:b0:c2        0  5722        0     0
5803493
em0       0 192.168.168   clio                  6445     -     5680     -     -
lo0*      0 <Link#2>                               0     0        0     0     0
lo0*      0 your-net      localhost                0     -        0     -     -

With only a short uptime, I'm seeing insane numbers of collisions on em0, which
is connected via a known-good cable to a known-good switch which shows no
collisions on any of its ports.  Is there something going on with the em
driver?

Thanks,

Jeff Katcher