Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2001 15:25:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Viren R.Shah <viren@cigital.com>
To:        Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell Latitude c800 w/ Xircom Realport card

>>>>> "Jamie" == Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org> writes:

 Jamie> On Thu, 29 Mar 2001, Viren R.Shah wrote:
 Jamie> :>>>>> "Jamie" == Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org> writes:

 Jamie> Someone mentioned a few threads back this week that you might be able to
 Jamie> do this from within the kernel config prior to the probe/attach routines.
 Jamie> My Dell Latitude, and every other one I've seen, uses 10 for the
 Jamie> management IRQ.  I have xe0 on IRQ 9.

Thanks Jamie. I tried setting the IRQ for pcic0 in the kernel config (irq
pcic0 10) and that stopped the computer from hanging. When it asked me
what IRQs were likely to be used by pc-card devices, I answered irq 9
(the Dell BIOS doesn't tell me squat about IRQs :-( ). However, while
it told me on the debug screen (alt-f2) that "pccard: card inserted,
slot 0", it didn't seem to attach any driver to my Xircom
Realport. When I got to the screen for telling it what device to use
for the net install, my only choices were SLIP and PP devices.

[Note: my Xircom card was always in the slot from before starting the
install. I didn't re-insert it]

Anyone have any more ideas?

 Jamie> Jamie Bowden

Viren
--
Viren R. Shah, {viren @ cigital . com}
"The one thing you can't trade for your heart's desire is your heart."