Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 23:25:24 -0800
From:      Jim Mock <mij@soupnazi.org>
To:        Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
Cc:        "Gary W. Swearingen" <swear@attbi.com>, docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD'zine domain now a porn site

On Saturday, December 28, 2002, at 10:23  AM, Dan Langille wrote:
> On 28 Dec 2002, Gary W. Swearingen wrote:
>> Dan Langille <dan@langille.org> writes:
>>> A user just emailed me to say that freebsdzine.org is now a porn
>>> site.  I'm in the process of removing links to that domain and
>>> thought you folks might like to do similar.
>>
>> I'm removing a link to http://www.freebsdzine.org/200103/ which I've
>> noted has an article (or two) on Rich Morin's very interesting "Meta"
>> project (which should interest -doc people).  AFAIK, the project
>> hasn't advanced much, so the article is still accurate.  I couldn't
>> find "Meta" with your http://www.freebsddiary.org/ search tool.  I
>> did a quick look for the article with google and at Meta's
>> http://cantaforda.com/Meta/ and in the freebsddiary index of old
>> articles with no luck.
>>
>> Do you (or could you) have some freebsdzine archives somewhere?  Or
>> if you have the Meta article(s) I could find out if Rich Morin wants
>> to put them under http://cantaforda.com/Meta/.
>
> I emailed Jim Mock before -docs regarding this.  I expect he has them
> in a repo somewhere.  I'm willing to host them at
> freebsddiary.org/freebsdzine/ if needed.  IMHO, not having them online
> is a loss.

I thought I'd replied to this, but I guess I haven't.  I have a copy of
all the articles that were published.  I'm currently working on
integrating them into my site.  Once I'm done, I'll change the links in
the www tree to point to the proper place.  Hopefully I'll have it done
within the next few weeks (it's going to take a while, there are a lot
of articles).

- jim

--
jim mock <mij@{soupnazi|opendarwin}.org>               jim@FreeBSD.org